Skin tends to loosen with age. This is the result of numerous processes, which range from simple deformation due to age to accumulated damage. The largest challenge with loose skin isn’t necessarily treating it; skin lifts can treat even severe cases of skin sagging. The challenge comes with the stress that surgery can place upon the patient, the risk of infection, the permanent scarring and so on.
The good news is that many of these problems can be avoided by using non-surgical skin tightening. It offers a way to rejuvenate sagging or loose skin without the need for so much as an incision or an injection.
What is Non-Surgical Skin Tightening?
Non-surgical skin tightening works to selectively destroy undesirable formations of collagen that promote loose and sagging skin. This can be accomplished in multiple ways, but ultimately a form of heat tends to materialize in the collagen to destroy it.
The body removes this collagen and then treats the area as damaged. It begins to build new collagen structures, which are firmer and denser. This leads to the gradual tightening of the skin. Due to the nature of non-surgical skin tightening, multiple treatments may be required to achieve the results desired by the patient.
What are the Benefits?
The benefits of non-surgical skin tightening are numerous and unique due to the way it works. These benefits include:
- Avoiding surgery – Non-surgical skin tightening involves minimally-invasive and non-invasive procedures. This makes it possible to tighten the skin without dangerous or lasting effects.
- Convenient treatments – These treatments can usually be performed in a matter of 20 to 60 minutes over the course of multiple sessions. This procedure tends to be more convenient and require less time than surgical procedures.
- Natural results – Treatments do not force the skin to stretch in certain ways. It utilizes a generalized approach to tightening the skin, which helps to rejuvenate the skin in a way that coincides with the way a patient’s skin may have looked before becoming loose.
- Quicker recoveries – Most patients receiving non-surgical skin tightening can be back to their normal lives immediately following treatment. Patients receiving surgery may need to wait days or weeks before doing so.
- Fewer complications – Due to the lack of surgery, non-surgical skin tightening does not bring the risk of complications like scarring or infection. This makes it more agreeable with a wider variety of patients.
Is This Treatment Right for You?
Non-surgical skin tightening provides a number of distinct advantages that traditional methods of skin tightening cannot offer. This makes it more attractive for most cases of light to moderate sagging of the skin.
To learn more about non-surgical skin tightening, or to assess the best method of rejuvenating your skin, schedule an appointment at Perfect Skin Laser Center. We have offices in Scottsdale and Tempe. Contact us today to book your appointment.